Haz-Mat instructor training is for all junior officers who are required to conduct training on hazardous material.
Haz-Mat Instructor Training:
Who Should Attend?
Any junior officers who are required to provide Haz-Mat instructor training.
- Hazards and risks involved in hazardous material incidents and the impact of this on the environment.
- The resources and equipment that will be used during haz-mat incidents that could also involve hazardous materials.
- Understanding how PPE (personal protective equipment) should be used when in contact with hazardous materials.
- Methods of decontamination.
- To be able to deliver factual presentations on haz-mat procedures using a structured approach.
- Observe and critique exercises developed by your peer group.
- Prepare and facilitate an effective, practical hazardous material training exercise.