Breathing Apparatus Instructor training is for junior officers who are required to take breathing apparatus training.
Who Should Attend Breathing Apparatus Instructor Training?
Junior officers who are required to provide Breathing Apparatus training.
- Instruct to the minimum standards laid out in the Breathing Apparatus Technical Bulletin 1/1997.
- Instruct personnel in the use and limitations of breathing apparatus.
- Instruct personnel to don and doff BA in accordance with the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Instruct personnel to fully understand the safety procedure while operating SCBA.
- Ensure that all personnel have worn or can wear SCBA in a number of situations which may be encountered in the workplace.
- Plan, brief and execute a practical exercise.
- Carry out a technical presentation.
- Where appropriate, attain and City and Guilds 7300 Introduction to Trainer.