This is for staff who are required to administer advanced trauma care on scene before the arrival of the paramedics or other qualified persons.
- Be able to demonstrate the core principles of both primary and secondary patient assessments.
- Efficiently establish priorities in trauma patients.
- Be able to deliver care during the primary and secondary surveys.
- Confidently demonstrate a wide range of skills which are required to assess and treat patients with multiple injuries.
- Review and identify the different management and assessment processes involved in paediatric, geriatric and pregnant patients.
- Review the preparations to definitive care.
- Based on a variety of mock situations, demonstrate the principles of ATLS.