This training is for junior officers who are required to take breathing apparatus training as part of their job role. There will be a range of topics covered with the aim of providing a comprehensive overview of the best practice for using these tools.
Learning Objectives for Breathing Apparatus
- Instruct to the minimum standards laid out in the Apparatus Breathing Technical Bulletin 1/1997.
- Instruct personnel in the use and limitations of various equipment.
- Instruct personnel to don and doff BA in accordance with the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Instruct personnel to fully understand the safety procedure while operating SCBA.
- Ensure that all personnel have worn or can wear.