This training is for all junior officers who are required to conduct training on haz-mat (hazardous material).
- Risk and hazards involved in hazardous material incidents and the impact of this on the environment.
- Knowledge on the types of resources and equipment that will be used during haz mat incidents that involve the use of potentially hazardous materials.
- There will be training on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may be required for haz mat incidents.
- Methods for decontamination.
- Preparation for delivery of factual haz-mat presentations with a structured approach.
- Observe and critique exercises developed by your peer group Prepare and facilitate an effective, practical hazardous material training exercise.