Supervisor training is for all existing senior officers and potential senior officers looking to work towards a supervisor role.
Who Should Attend Supervisor Training?
Those who are looking to progress to a supervisor position.
- In accordance with CAP 699, learn about training plans.
- Understand the background and legislation for the RFFS provision for licensed categories: 3-10 with aerodromes (ANO, CAP 168 and other licenses).
- Understand tactics that are required as well as the actions and techniques needed when handling a variety of incidents and accidents related to aircrafts.
- Understand and be able to give descriptions of post incident issues outlined within the principles of Scene Management and Incident Command.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to manage any incident to its conclusion in a safe and satisfactory manner.
- Be able to understand issues associated with breathing apparatus equipment.
- Be able to clarify why scene management is effective and why it is required for issues such as hazardous items and freight aircraft issues.
- Explain the environmental issues which may impact incident, accidents or training.
- Be able to talk about with confidence, the various issues with legislation that can relate to health & safety and also human resources.
- Be able to talk about with confidence, the various issues with legislation that can relate to health & safety and also non-human resources.
- Understand and explain how human behaviour can affect workplace performance.
- Relating to ODPM, discuss any involvement of airports with civil contingency plans and security.