First aid training covers all levels of first aid training including defibrillation and oxygen administration.
Who Should Attend?
All responders who are required to administer first aid on any level.
First Aid Training Topics
- The basic principles of emergency care.
- Preparation for health emergencies.
- Assessment and management of emergency scenes.
- Conducting a primary survey.
- Emergency life support for people of all ages, including infants.
- One and two-person CPR.
- Artificial Respiration.
- Management of a choking patient.
- Management of bleeding and shock.
- Conducting a secondary survey.
- Managing wounds including soft tissue injuries.
- Handling fractures and burns.
- Understanding illness and injuries.
- Reporting first aid incidents and procedures.
- Dealing with anaphylactic shock.
- Understanding common injuries.
- Assessing and dealing with head and spinal injuries.
- Handling joint injuries and rescue carries.
- Dealing with chest, hand and eye injuries.
- Assessing and handling pelvic and abdominal injuries.
- Identifying and treating poisoning, bites and stings.
- Dealing with common medical emergencies including:
- Heart Attack
- Administration of first aid and follow-up treatments.
- Handling environmental illnesses and injuries.
- Maternity related first aid issues.
- Understand the causes of and the care of an unconscious casualty.
- Understand and administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).