Confined space rescue training will cover a range of topics and is for all staff who could be required to carry out confined space rescues.
Confined Space Rescue Learning Objectives
- Be able to manage confined space incidents and adhere to legal requirements.
- Categorise & identify incidents involving confined spaces.
- Be able to identify areas that are considered confined spaces.
- Use Zellweger equipment to monitor different gases.
- Understand the key ventilation principles and describe them.
- Be able to select the right PPE equipment for the right situation.
- Understand the effects of humidity and heat on human performance.
- Understand the USAR ventilation apparatus and be able to operate it.
- Understand USA Conspace communication apparatus and be able to operate it.
- The use of a USAR entry control board and how to operate this piece of equipment.
- Operate the SavOx TR re-breather equipment.
- Operate the Microvent resuscitator.
- Operate USAR line access on safe working at height.