This first aid training course covers all levels of first aid training including defibrillation and oxygen administration as well as other topics.
First Aid Training Course Learning Objectives
- The basic principles of emergency care.
- Preparation for health emergencies.
- Assessment and management of emergency scenes.
- Conducting a primary survey.
- Emergency life support for people of all ages, including infants:
- one and two-person CPR.
- Artificial Respiration.
- Management of a choking patient.
- Management of bleeding and shock.
- Conducting a secondary survey.
- Managing wounds including soft tissue injuries.
- Handling fractures and burns.
- Understanding illness and injuries.
- Reporting first aid incidents and procedures.
- Dealing with anaphylactic shock.
- Understanding common injuries.
- Assessing and dealing with head and spinal injuries.
- Handling joint injuries and rescue carries.
- Dealing with chest, hand and eye injuries.
- Assessing and handling pelvic and abdominal injuries.
- Identifying and treating poisoning, bites and stings.
- Dealing with common medical emergencies including:
- Heart attack
- Administration of first aid and follow-up treatments.
- Handling environmental illnesses and injuries.
- Maternity-related first aid issues.
- Understand the causes of and the care of an unconscious casualty.
- Understand and administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Understand the usage and practice of a defibrillator.