The Premier FST Paediatric First Aid course is administered with the intent to provide information on emergency situations. This is one of our many first aid courses but it is specifically targeted to the types of emergency that pertain to young children. This is essential for those that work with children whether in nurseries, schools or any other environment where children may be present.
It’s tailored to children that would be classed as early years, covering the first four years of childhood emergencies. This course is fully compliant with the Ofsted Childcare Register requirements. If you or any other staff members are working in childcare then this certification is a must.
What Will you be Taught?
- To understand the job of the First Aider.
- To assess an emergency situation within the requirements.
- To learn how to provide First Aid for infants and children:
- Who are unresponsive but breathing correctly.
- Who are not responding and not breathing correctly.
- Who may have an abstracted airway.
- Who could be bleeding externally.
- That has an injury in their bones, muscles or joints.
- That may be suffering as a result of extreme warmth or cold temperatures.
- To gain an understanding of how to administer first aid to a child with a number of illnesses. These include complications from diabetes, asthma and even meningitis.
These are just some of the points covered in the Paediatric First Aid course and others include administering first aid in other situations.
Completing the Course
The certificate for successful completion of this course is valid for three years. It can help you in a number of situations. If you work with children or just want more information on how to prepare for an emergency then this course is for you.
For more information on the course feel free to call our first aid courses Glasgow office on +44 (0) 141 278 7201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org